Meetup and Events Rules & Guidelines
Awkwardly Zen was created as a place to be awkwardly yourself on your spiritual path. There is no right and wrong here and we welcome all! You can join us on Meetup for one of our Zen Zooms (an open conversation about spirituality) or one of our other events where we’ll bring in experts to teach and guide. Just come with an open mind and spirit and participate as much or as little as you want!
- Love & Light please! There is no right or wrong here in Awkwardly Zen. You can disagree with someone but please hold space for them to have their point of view. The spiritual path is vast. Please keep in mind that we’re all in different places so be gentle.
- Keep it safe. Let’s tread lightly with anything too sexual, violent, controversial, or political.
- Viewpoints. The views of our speakers and other AZ members may not be the views of AZ itself.
- You are responsible for your own experience here. Please do your own research before trying anything recommended. If something doesn’t resonate with you please leave it behind or remember that you can always step away from the conversation. We get it. If something doesn’t resonate with you, please leave it behind, set a boundary, or remember that you can always walk away from the conversation.
- Try not to “should”. We’re all the same here so let’s keep comments to personal experiences instead of teachable moments! “I’ve experienced…” feels way better than, “You should…”
- Medical Disclaimer. We are not therapists, doctors, or medical professionals and we cannot cure, diagnose, or provide any sort of actual medical recommendations. Please see a medical provider or mental healthcare professional if you need one.
- Recordings. Some of Awkwardly Zen’s events will be recorded and shared on our online community and YouTube channel. You will receive a prompt should this be taking place. For the privacy of our community members do not privately record in any way any portion of our events without direct consent of Awkwardly Zen.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN AN AZ ZOOM
- How much you participate is up to you!
- Please keep yourself muted unless it’s your turn to talk. You can raise your hand physically, raise your virtual hand with the zoom reaction option, or type in the chat that you’d like to comment or ask a question.
- If you’d like to show support or agreement please waggle your hands in the view of your camera. It’s fun and it shows us that we’re not alone in this. If you feel the love, you can also use the ‘I love you’ gesture.
- In a Zen Zoom if you have a business you’d like to promote please add it to the chat. We love to support our members.
- If you are doing something distracting please turn off your camera!
- Oh, and you do you as far as nudity goes but if you need to be naked PLEASE turn your camera off.